Thursday, June 21, 2007

One month to go!

So today marks the one-month countdown to the wedding!

My tummy is in knots because I feel like there's still so much to do, but there's really not. I figured out a way this morning to save about $300 on flowers by giving the bridesmaids corsages to pin on their dresses instead of bouquets. Even though it's not as traditional, at least they'll have the flowers on them all night instead of wilting on the table. We're also going to keep our appointment Saturday with the other florist, so I think I'll start this time by telling them our budget and then working around that. I just know that I'm not spending almost $800 on perishable items.

We also have to order favors soon. Monday is our 'deadline' date for RSVPs. We have to have a minimum of 50 people for the reception and we're up to 42 right now (it would have been 43 but my grandma 'dropped out' the other day for whatever reason.) There's still a few people I'm expecting to come who haven't officially RSVPd, so I think we'll just about meet our minimum. I think if we order 55 or 60 'units' of favors, we should be OK.

There still is the issue of groomsmen gifts (I'm not good at buying guy gifts and my fiance has no idea what to get them either) and finishing my sewing for the rehearsal and honeymoon, but those can be taken care of up until the last week or so, so they're not worrying me too much.

The last two dresses I'm making are from the same pattern, so I'm trying to cut out both of them at the same time, although some of the pieces differ. I cut out the lining for both of them this morning. That took me about an hour; I can't believe how long cutting still takes me. But I thinks it's probably good to take that part slow because it seems like the little mistakes at the beginning really add up by the time you're finished.

I made a 'date' with my fiance to go for a walk tonight. I know all those fitness articles say to put it in your planner, but I'm likely to just cross that off and pretend it never was there if I don't feel like working out. My fiance, on the other hand, is always looking for something (free) to do, so I think it works better to make a date with him.

In other news, I've been looking for a new job (it seems like I've been doing that for the past two years) and I've posted my resume on a bunch of the job search Web sites. Lately I've been getting a lot of scam e-mails from employers who at first sound legit, but then when you go to their Web site, it's really sparse and offers little info about the company itself. So now I've taken to looking up these places first before taking any more action. How annoying.

On the other hand, my fiance has a job interview today. If the 'price is right,' as he says, and he gets the job, we might move so he won't have to drive 45 min.-1 hour each way to get there. That might be an exciting change of pace. Since I am obviously not tied down to my job (or where we live, for that matter), I'm pretty much willing to move anywhere, and it might open up some new opportunities that I've overlooked due to the location.

No comments: