Thursday, June 28, 2007

Not so bad

With the sun coming up so early, it seems to be less difficult to wake up in time to run before work. The loud birds help too. They play games, mocking each other's tweets and chirps.

I just got back from running the same route I did on Tuesday. Since I'm still walking a lot, it took me about 40 minutes. This includes tiptoeing around the dredging of the pond that part of the trail surrounds. What a mess. I'm glad I don't live in one of the townhouses that overlook the pond. The trucks were already doing their thing shortly after 7 a.m. That's worse than the annoying birds.

Since Tuesday's run, I've had general soreness in my legs, but I think that's just because I haven't run in a while. I was still kind of tired when I headed out so I took more walk breaks. I have to keep reminding myself that the half marathon isn't until October and I don't have to push too hard yet. I'd just be happy with increasing the actual running portion of my 'outings,' which I guess is quite necessary if I'm going to cover 13.1 miles in one piece.

In sewing news, I attempted to adjust the fit of one of the dresses I made. There seemed to be a lot of extra fabric at the underarm portion of the top, which made the sides flare out. Since the amount of extra fabric decreased as I went down that side seam, I just put in what amounts to a dart. It looks OK, although I think this adjustment has affected how the dress hangs. There seems to be some ripply-ness now at the sides, but I can't remember if it was like that anyway, before the adjustment.

Wedding things are progressing too. We're meeting with the wedding coordinator on Saturday. The florist should be sending over the official contract this week, so we can get that payment out of the way. I'd really prefer to have everything paid for before the wedding so we have one less thing to worry about.

I can't remember if I've ranted about the future mother in law yet. But basically, she has made it clear that she doesn't want to be anything more than a guest at the wedding. Which I guess is fine, despite that fact that this is her only child getting married. But lately, she's been calling with annoying questions that I'd rather not deal with. I guess I'm turning into a tiny bridezilla at this point. But now she's trying to invite relatives who are coming in early to the rehearsal dinner, which is really not her decision.

She called yesterday, first going down the list of friends of my fiance's late stepfather, asking if they've sent checks. She said since she's given their children money at their weddings (I'm sure it was her husband's money at the time), they *better* be sending money to us now; she laughed at this. I tried to join in but threw up a little in my mouth since I can't believe how she's so petty about these things. And she again sent the message that she wants my fiance's aunt and uncle to come to the rehearsal dinner, to which I said that many people are coming in early (not her though, she's coming in on Saturday morning - the day of the wedding) and we're trying to keep costs down by inviting just the bridal party.

Well, I'm getting all riled up again and I'm probably just repeating an earlier post. I need to be at work in 45 minutes and I have yet to shower and try to tone down the beet redness of my face.

No comments: