Sunday, June 24, 2007

A nice day at the pool

Today my fiance and I went to his uncle's house and used his pool. Even though it isn't deathly hot outside (yet), it was still refreshing. Since I haven't run in a while, I tried doing so in the water, which many running injury articles seem to recommend. I did a few laps around the small-ish pool, but even that got my heart rate up for a few minutes.

We also went for a 2-mile walk the other day, so I don't feel like a complete slob right now. I just need to get out more during the week.

In sewing news, I have nearly finished almost everything on my list. I leave the annoying/difficult parts for last, so there's just zippers and buttons to sew on. Overall though I feel like I got a lot done this weekend.

We also had our appointment with florist #2 this weekend. Everything around here is expensive so I wasn't too surprised during our meeting when she said they usually don't do weddings that order less than $1,500 worth of flowers. However, she must have felt bad for us or something because early on we told her our price range, as well as the not so great experience for the other florist, and she's going to do small bouquets and other personal flowers for a total of $300, about $472 less than the other florist was going to charge. So that's a big weight off my shoulders.

Money aside, my fiance said I need to stop worrying about the little details. However, I've been the one scouting locations, making phone calls and signing contracts, so I feel like someone has to be responsible for all those little things. I'm just trying to make sure we're not spending too much $$$, even though most of our prices are set at this point.

That's all for this weekend. Back to the grind tomorrow. I guess I can use all my free time to start getting ahead since I'm taking about a week and a half off for the wedding and honeymoon.

No comments: